Monday, April 11, 2016

Elhiem Miniatures Red Army Scouts


I still have to paint the shields and glue them onto my Iron Wind Metals Chaos warriors, but in the mean time I decided to paint up the Elhiem Red Army Scouts I bought a while back.

As you can see from the photo above, some of the figures look better than others, but over all they are nice figures that fill a niche.


They blend well enough with the Zvevda figures I already painted. Here they make up a Soviet Scout Squad under the Chain of Command rules: a sergeant, and two teams each with two men with rifles and two with SMGs.

I think the Scout rules offer an interesting tactical option for the Soviet player, and I hope to borrow wahj's Soviet platoon for a game against my own Germans soon.

2 comments:

Rodger said...

Very nice work!

SteveHolmes11 said...

A fine looking bunch of comrades, combining stealth, quality and a close range punch.

They seem to be one of the few support options for the (usually understrength) Soviet platoon
that doesn't involve tanks of support weapons.

Nothing wrong with tanks or support weapons, but it's difficult to do combined arms with the soviets, so the support often ends up isolated or away form the action.

Just remember to keep these guys away from Fritz with his Spandau.