Monday, February 11, 2013

Two versions

One of the things that got me started on refurbishing and expanding my Space Marines force was the Duke Gerard figure from Reaper.

I use him as a Space Marine Captain, armed (after much deliberation) with a Relic Blade and Storm Shield. The sheathed sword is hidden behind the shield, so I removed the hand holding the bolter I originally equipped him with and gave him an empty hand instead.

A while later, I thought it would be good if I could field a figure with the Captain Sicarius stats, so I decided to buy another figure. However, I wanted it to represent the same person, the idea being that it was the same captain of the company, but equipped differently. Fortunately, the new figure I got had similar hair to the Duke Gerard figure, and to further the mimicry I ripped the wings off the original figure and magnetised it so it can be used on either figure.

So here they are.




No comments: