Friday, April 06, 2012

Beastie Boys


With the first three figures of my beastmen warband done, I decided to do up a couple of GW beastmen to compare the size.

The figures on the extreme left and right are GW Gors, and the one second from the right is Reaper's Traeg, beastman hero, given a GW beastmen shield.

The three non-GW figures are larger than the GW Gors, and have different head-shape and horns from them too. A limited palette gives a sense of uniformity and helps to tie the force together.

The GW Gors are easy to put together and take the block-and-wash approach well.

I think I will do up a couple of the Ungor skirmishers next.

Added: I just realised that my beastmen are from the old mixed Gor and Ungor boxed set, which means I don't get bow arms...  If you have some Ungor bow arms which you are willing to part with, please leave a comment and we'll see if we can work something out.

No comments: